HOPE for Ariang Foundation is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization dedicated to providing South Sudanese with inclusive access to education, opportunities, and resources, with a special focus on women and girls – One village at a time.
All donations are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by the Internal Revenue Services, (IRS) under the U.S treasure department. Our Federal Identification Number is 208067683.
A peaceful and prosperous South Sudan where every man, woman, and child is able to access education and economic opportunities to build a mutually accountable, inclusive, equitable, and empowered society.
HOPE believes that the power of awareness and education can lead to sustainable growth and improved living standards – one village at a time. The following values guide HOPE’s actions:
- HOPE’s programs reflect the organization’s determination to break down the social and cultural barriers that prevent women and girls from participating in community development.
- HOPE is able to cater to the needs of adults and youth by incorporating different types of learning programs that encompass informal vocational skills training and formal classroom learning.
- HOPE’s programs aim to teach the importance and necessity of accountability and social responsibility both to one’s community and one’s country. Active and engaged citizens can lead South Sudan toward economic and social progress.
- HOPE understands the interconnectedness of school and community; therefore, it is involved in providing access to resources such as wells, electricity, and health clinics. These are important elements in the process of building a school that can unite the community and educate South Sudan’s future leaders.
Self-reliance and Sustainability
- HOPE’s development plan is to build the capacity of the local communities so that they can manage and sustain their development.
- HOPE works with those it serves and other stakeholders to accomplish more than it could on its own.
Integrity and Accountability
- HOPE strives to apply the highest levels of ethics, transparency and professionalism in its work.
- HOPE is accountable to its donors, the public, and the people it serves.