HOPE for Ariang relies on the support of concerned individuals and committed groups of people. Together, we can do more than just get the word out. We can accomplish concrete goals toward providing education and health care for the children of Sudan. There are many creative ideas on how you or your group can get involved.
Here are a few suggestions:
- Be our ambassador by informing others about educational needs in South Sudan.
- Invite Gabriel Bol Deng to speak at your school, university, a church or place of work and invite the public to attend.
- Buy and wear a HOPE for Ariang t-shirt to publicize and support Ariang School Project. (Yes, we are still selling t-shirts!).
- Put together a fundraising event with proceeds going to Ariang School. (ie bakesale, walk, run, hoops for hope, raffle ,arts/crafts projects garage sale, have a concert, do a“Sit in” etc.)
- Attend local festivals or flea markets where non-profit organizations are permitted to set up tables. Sell t-shirts, note cards and DVDs of Rebuilding Hope to benefit Ariang School.
- Are you a student? Write an article about Ariang School for your school newspaper.