~ In partnership with Samaritan’s Purse International Disaster Relief
- Community Needs Assessment: We conducted a needs assessment for women of Ariang who have potential to run small scale ventures but have limited business and financial literacies to drive the venture to profitable businesses.
- Water Management and Sanitation Training: We trained 11 members of the community (8 men and 3 women) about the importance of managing water sources, water safety from point to point, life cycles of water-borne diseases and ways of preventing them. We distributed 18 slabs for latrines to the people of Ariang.
- Health and Hygiene Training: Distributed over 300 bars of soap, 139 water buckets, 18 latrine slubs. The latrines will serve 54 household members.
– 9 community members (6 women and 3 men) given extra training to proceed as lead trainers. This training reached a total of 194 community members (61 males, 20 children, and 113 females).
– Ariang teachers and female students were trained on hygienic menstruation management.
- Water Hand Pump Mechanics Training: We trained 7 community members on how to repair water pumps and water sources.